|
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() 2011.09.07
Viimsi Open Air Museum.Visited Viimsi Open Air Museum. Тext to the museum there is restaurant Paat The map. The Kingu farmstead (II half of the 19th century) The main part of the territory of the museum consists of the Kingu farmstead. Kingu was a medium-size tenancy farm. The yard of a traditional lay-out is made up of the threshing-barn-house (1), the cattle-shed (2), the store-house (3) and the cellar (4). The new dwelling-house was built at the end of the 19-th century. 1. Threshing-barn-house Built at the begining of the 19th century, restored in 1978. The house consists of the following rooms: the threshing-room, used as the living- and workroom of the household, as well as the drying grain at threshing-time; the chamber, used as a work- and store-room, in summer also as living-room; the threshing-floor used for threshing grain in autumn, for stoiring farming implements and vehicles in winter. 2. Cattle-shed Built in the 2nd half of the 19th century, rebuilt in its original form in 1979. Up to four cows, a bull, a steer and some sheep were usually kept in it. 3. Store-house-cum-shed Built in the 2nd half of the 19th century, rebuilt in its original form in 1979. The building consists of hte following parts: the store-room for clothes and Women's handicraft implements; the shed for vehicles and harness; the netshed for fishing-gear. 5. Dwelling-house Built by steps, completed at the end of the 19th century. Restored in 1979. The building consists of the following rooms: the kitchen; the chamber - the living-room and bedroom of the family; the chamber, the so-called captain's cabin; the verandah; the pantry; the maidservant's bedroom; the porch; the hall. The house is furnished according to the mode of life characteristic of the opening decades of the 20th century. The map 2. 1. Rein Krüger's cottage Built in 1909, rebuilt in its original form in 1980. The building consists of: the kitchen; the chamber - the famili's livingroom and bedroom; the porch, a place of storage. There is an apartment for museum's keeper in Krüger's cottage now. 2. Netsheds Built at the end of the 19th century, rebuilt in their original form in 1979. Two netsheds having a common roof used to belong to two different families. The net-racks and capstans are standing by the netsheds. 3. Stone labyrinth Not far from the Silberfeldt's cottage there there is also a stone labyrinth built on the seashore in 2000. Pringi stone labyrinth copies the labyrinth on Aksi island, what is built in 1849. 4. Jakob Silberfeldt's cottage Built in 1911, rebuilt in its original form in 1980. The cottage consists of the following rooms: the kitchen; the chamber, the famili's bedroom and living-room; the porch. 5. Cattle-shed Built in 1911, rebuilt in its original form in 1980. The Byre was meant for a cow and a sheep, the shed was for storing firewood. The lean-to was for a pig. View of Tallinn prog.pro@gmail.com |
Copyright © nn44.org | |
|
|
|