pages: 1 -2-
Passages of the bastions Kiek in de Kök
Translated! Original is here . Translated with google.
Visited the museum Kiek in de Kök.
At the entrance to the museum are the knights.
But we will not go there. We go to the underground tunnels.
The numerous and mysterious passages inside the bastions were constructed simultaneously with the building of bastions in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.
The earliest passages were obviously constructed in the 1630s when the earth mounds, the old Wismar Ravelin above all, were heaped up in front of Tõnismägi (St Anthony’s Hill). Construction became more intensive beginning from 1672 when the Swedish Bastion and the Ingermanland Semi-Bastion were built. According to the fortification plan confirmed by the king in 1686, the Swedish Bastion, the Ingermanland Bastion, the Wismar Ravelin and the De la Gardie Redoubt in front of the latter were built and they had been completed by 1710.
Steps taken away sharply down.
Downstairs we were met by a historical figure.
Most of the passages consist of such compartments.
In 1990's there lived homeless. In the 1980's punks where hiding from police.
Before it was a bomb shelter with all the necessary units.
Inventory: personal protection, utensils, first aid kits.
There was also a military signalers position.
pages: 1 -2-
|Copyright © nn44.org|